Sunday, December 18, 2016

Thomas Rouse and Joanna Whitcroft

Thomas Rouse
Parents?
Born about 1670 Todenham, Gloucester, England
Note: this is a best guess year - based on the year of marriage
Occupation:  Shoemaker
Married Joanna Whitcroft 4 Oct 1693 Todeham, Gloucester, England
Died July 1736
Note:  his will was written in 1732 (see below)
Buried 29 July 1736
Last Will and Testament: Probate records 1541-1858 for Gloucester Co. England, Church of England Diocese of Gloucester, Consistory Court Gloucestershire: Film 91438 pg 291:

Rouse Thomas


In the name of God Amen I Thomas Rouse of Toddenham in the County of Gloucester, Shoemaker being in perfect health and of sound memory do this present Third day of April one Thousand Seven hundred and thirty two make this my Last Will and Testament in manner following.


First I Recommend my Soul to God and my Body to the Earth and on touching my worldly Estate I dispose thereof as followeth Imp. I Give all that my Leasehold Cottage or Tenement Estate Lands and premisses lying and Being in Toddenham aforesaid which I bought and purchased of and from Jonah Jobson unto my Dear wife Joan for and during the term of her natural Life only incase my Estate and Interest therein shall so long Continue and immediately from and after her decease

I give the same Leasehold Estate unto my Grandson William Rouse to hold to him, my said grandson William Rouse, his Executors Adm. and Assigns from thenseforth for and during all the residue of my Estate and Interest which shall be then therein to come and unexpired provided always and it is my express will intent and meaning that if after my decease my said wife Joan shall be poor and necessitions that then and in such fare it shall and may be lawful for and I do hereby impower her at any time or times during her life by any deed or writing under her hand and seal to cxceeding the sum of ten pounds to be by her borrowed and for her securing the repayment thereof with interest to assign over the said Leasehold Estate and premisses as a Security to such person or persons who shall think fit to advance the same with charge so to be by her made as aforesaid shall have preferrence to the bequest herein before limitted or given to my said grandson Wm. Rouse.

Item I give all my working tools or tools in trade to my said grandson to be at his own disposal.
Item I give the use of all my household goods to my said wife Joan during her life she not wasting any of them and after her death I give the same Household Goods to my said Grandson W. Rouse
And lastly I appoint the said Joan my wife Executrix of this my Last will and Testament hereby revoking all former and other wills by me made witness my Hand and Seal the Day and year first above written
Thomas Rouse his X Mark S
igned Sealed and published by the said Testator in the presence of us Sarah Lea, Edwd. Whitley Wm. Deacle
This Will was proved the 13th Day of October in the year of our Lord 1736 before the Worshipful Sir Henry Pennice Knight Doctor of laws Vicar General in Spirituals of the Right Reverand Father in God Martin by Divine permission Lord Bishop of the Diocese of Gloucester and of his Episcopal Consistory Official principal Lawfully Constituted by Joan Rouse Sole Executrix and so forth to whom and so forth after having first Sworn well and faithfully to Administer to the said Will and also to Exhibit an Inventory and render an amount and so forth.

Sources
ancestry.com
Family Search courtesy of DCraigMann with edits for punctuation in the body of the will
Joanna Whitcroft
Parents?
Born about 1673 Todenham, Gloucester, England
Note:  best guess on the year - based on marriage year
Died July 1751
Buried 26 July 1751 Todenham, Gloucester, England
Sources
ancestry.com

CHILDREN

William Rouse
Born about 1697 Todenham, Gloucester, England
Married Maria Jones 1 Oct 1716 Todenham, Gloucester, England




Children: William, Thomas, John, Mary, Jane, Richard, Mary, Richard
Note:  yes, there were duplicates on the names because the children died
Died
Buried
Sources
ancestr.com
Family Search
ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment